Locals who travel the 15 hate this week-end but the world loves Vegas's Electric Daisy Carnival. And I have to admit, if I could stay up all night, I would go because I love electronic dance music (EDM). (Oooh, should I really admit that in public?)
Here are eight new things happenin' in 2016:
1. Free high-speed Wi-Fi . What took so long? How could those hipsters survive without uploading their lives from the Las Vegas Motor Speedway?
2. Going green.Food vendors are converting their cooking oil into usable biofuel, a first. Environmentally conscious nonprofit Global Inheritance returns with its Trashed Recycling Store. Las Vegas thanks you!
3. Change your look. Revamp your EDC look inside the Kinetic Field VIP Beauty Bar, where full-service hair, makeup and body art will be available by appointment. Most people spend months working on their costumes, but hey, change is good!
4. Bubbly appears. Finally, more upscale alcohol options. This year you can propose a toast at the Kinetic Field VIP Bubbles Bar, where a champagne-only menu will offer mimosas, Bellinis and bubbly by the glass.
5. Uber joins the party.For the first time, fans will be able to ride with Uber to and from EDC Las Vegas by car or chopper. A private Uber Lounge with charging stations, shade and tunes will keep fans cool while they wait for their rides. Finally! (I'd wish they do this at the airport....)
6. Coffee! Caffeine! Longshot Coffee will wheel a mobile cart around the Kinetic Field VIP area with iced mochas, iced vanilla lattes and iced caramel coffee drinks. Is that the secret of staying up all night?
7. Take classes. Really! Visit the Little Red School House, where one-of-a-kind classes will be in session. The school house is in DC Town on the grassy area near Cosmic Meadow.
8. Register to vote. In case you hadn't noticed, this is a Presidential election year. Party-goers can register to vote inside Carnival Square at the boothHead Count. Wonder who this generation will vote for?
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
Honey Salt is one of my favorite restaurants in Las Vegas. It's
"My partner and I hired Jake Soteros to be our real estate agent last year after deciding we wanted to invest in the ever evolving downtown Las Vegas housing market. I immediately thought of Jake, since he has been immersed in the downtown scene as a business owner, and also a resident, and definitely has his finger on the pulse! After completing two home purchases over the course of 4 months, having spent the previous 2-3 months searching for just the right properties, I can honestly say that Jake went above and beyond my expectations as a real estate professional! The process of searching for, making offers on, and navigating the contract process can be a roller coaster, to say the least, and Jake's calm and confident demeanor, and his knowledge of the market really helped us to maintain our sanity through some stressful times! And since we travel and work a lot, there were a couple of occasions when Jake acted as a stand-in when we weren't able to be present for an inspection or a repair. I have already referred a good friend that was interested in buying a property downtown to Jake, and she is really enjoying working with him, as well. After our first house closed, celebrating over Mexican food and margaritas, Jake told us that "cheesy as it may sound", he loves helping people reach their goals, and seeing them happy is really gratifying for him :) That absolutely comes through in his work! We are definitely happy, and ready to celebrate that second closing when you are, Jake!"